Google analytics

Thursday, October 18, 2012

October Ordeal, continued

I dragged my carcase out of bed that fine (well, cold and blustery, but I didn't have to go to work so we'll stay with "fine") Friday morning, longing for a cup of coffee and for cats to stay out from under my feet long enough to get one.  After I distributed bowls of food indoors and outdoors, trying not to step on Ellen who turns into velcro-kitty when it appears anyone is close enough to the refrigerator to open the magic cold box and take out deli turkey, I realized Flora was deeply absorbed in chowing down.  I slipped downstairs and brought a cat carrier up to the kitchen, out of sight.  Then s l o w l y  but nonchalantly approached her, picked her up as if for a nice little cuddle and headed for the box.

Of course, she knew sometheing was amiss so she started to scrabble but I popped her in the box and locked the lid.

It was then I became aware of something that sounded like the rumble of a distant volcano due to erupt.

The carrier quivered.

I realized it was Flora, growling.

This did not bode well.

No comments:

Post a Comment